Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

a letter to H

[This is a letter I wrote not too long ago to my friend, H.  From time to time I re-read it for myself.]

H, my love.

You are walking, but where are you going?

You need to go where your heart is telling you to go.  And if you can't hear it, then you need to stop and listen.

"Very few people follow the path laid out for them-- the path to their Personal Legend and to happiness.  Most people see the world as a threatening place and because they do, the world turns out to be a threatening place." -Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

You're not a bum, and you are not a woman without guts.  The piece of your soul that is missing is because you're either not moving or are walking without the right destination.
I understand your feelings of loneliness.  I'm having them too, but right now I'm learning how to be my own best friend.  It's difficult at times, but it's incredible.  There are times when I feel impoverished in my friendships as well, but then I think of you and I'm thankful.  Friendship, relationship, and intimacy will come.  Just wait.

Open the compass of your heart, and get going.

all my love,
L

P.S. You're right, how you spend your time does change who you are.  So invest in yourself, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment