Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

are you listening?

"Only make moves when ya heart's in it."
-Notorious BIG

I heard this today, and it's a sentiment that's been on my mind lately.  When we want something or see something is available, we often just grab it without pause.  We think it should be ours, that we deserve it.  However, sometimes those things aren't meant to be ours, they're not developed and ready for us, or there's something better down the road we just can't see yet.

Our hearts speak all the time; it's our compass.  The problem is that most people aren't truly listening.

2 comments:

  1. "only make moves when you're heart's in it."

    What if you're ashamed of what's in your heart?
    What if you want to move forward but feel trapped by your own fear?

    Was it Jesus who said "God looks at the heart"? I don't remember. I hope it's God. I sure as hell need that kind of understanding in my life.

    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. The full line from the song is: "Stay far from timid. Only make moves if your heart is in it, and live the phrase 'the sky is the limit.'"

    Your questions remind me of the scene in the Alchemist (by Coelho) where Santiago confronts the man who dreams of going to Mecca, but is afraid and ashamed of realizing his dream/following his heart.

    I think each of us have to find our own way to answer those questions.

    ReplyDelete