Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

the questions we ask

When something bad happens or we're going through an uncertain time, we ask ourselves lots of questions:  Why did this happen?  Why didn't I get the job?  Why did they not want me?  Why did I miss my chance?  I always tend to get down on myself when I see doors closing for me.  I like open doors; they make me feel good about where I'm going and what I'm doing.

However, I'm beginning to see that the questions we ask can greatly affect our perspective.  When we ask good questions, we'll get good answers.  Such as, what does this make possible?  How can I make this better?  What if this isn't the end but a new beginning?  What lessons did I learn here?  Instead of focusing on doors closing, I should be focusing on the doors that are opening because of that closed door.

"We only lose things, because it makes us strong."
-Lupe Fiasco, 'Coming Up'

No comments:

Post a Comment