Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

being thankful

This morning I was watching a TV program with a friend.  The show took place in Saudi Arabia.  A camera crew placed a hidden camera inside a drive-through coffee stand.  They monitored whether not not people said 'thank you' to the salesperson after they got their coffee.  Then they would stop the car after it drove through to ask the person why they did or didn't say thank you.

As the show was in Arabic, I didn't catch all that was said.  However, those that didn't say thank you seemed to say that it was because of peoples' different personalities on why or not they said thank you (I don't know if I'd agree with that argument). 

The point of the show was to call attention to a Quran verse that reads, "He who does not thank people, does not thank Allah."  I thought that was probably pretty true...  If you can't thank people, how can you thank God?

No comments:

Post a Comment