Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

home

After living in Morocco for two years, I'm finding that I wouldn't be happy staying here forever and I'm not happy to be leaving either.  There are things I love about the culture, but also things I don't like.  I feel the same way about American culture too though.  I'm beginning to think being anywhere is a trade off. 

There isn't really one place, one country, or one culture that feels like home.  Perhaps that's part of the human condition.  Or I haven't looked long enough.  I've found that each place, country, and culture has strengths and weaknesses.  I think it's supposed to be that way.  It keeps us wanting more and keeps us striving for utopia.

I believe that Home isn't a place, person, or group of people you find.  You have to make Home wherever you feel that it should be.  I'm coming to find that my Home is scattered all across the globe.  There's one physical location that feels like home to me, but really my Home is with a small group of individuals that let me put my bags down and find rest in them.  It's where I find peace and strength.  With them I most feel like Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment