Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

direction and being

Over the past couple of days, several questions have presented themselves to me...

What do I want my life to look like?
In what direction do I want to go?

What kind of person do I want to be?
Who is the woman I was born to be?

Where is God, or destiny, inviting me to go?

Essentially, I'm asking myself where I want to go and who I want to be.

Through my experiences lately I've come to a place where I have to ask these questions of myself in order to move forward.  The answers to these questions will profoundly affect how my life changes from here.  However, I don't think this is just a one shot deal.  These are questions that I need to continue to ask myself each day.  My responses to these questions affect and shape my daily life.  I'm continually building my bigger future with the little ways that I live out these answers everyday.  And as I continue grow, my answers may grow and change with me.  

"When we don't know where we're headed in life, we are vulnerable to temptation [and to making bad decisions]." -Donald Miller  I find this to be so true.  It's important to know the direction in which I want to go and to know what I want for myself, so that I'm not the one deterring myself from getting to where I want to go and being who I want to be.  I am the one who holds myself back.

"It is very simple.  What you value is what you create." -Derrick Jensen  Ultimately, I believe I have a job to create the life I want to live (with the help of God of course).  We shape what we do and are shaped by what we do.  That's not to say that there aren't outside forces beyond our control that affect us.  However, we still choose how we respond.  I am creating my life.  It should be the one I want to live.

So, have you asked yourself-- where are you going?  What are you creating?

No comments:

Post a Comment